Commandant’s House

Commandant’s House

Commandant's House

Commandant’s House

The Commandant’s House is one of the oldest structures in the Charlestown Navy Yard, with panoramic views of Boston Harbor. Built for the first Commandant of the Navy Yard and his family, the house was completed in 1805 and served as a private home and entertainment venue for high ranking naval officers, two U.S. Presidents, and numerous other dignitaries from around the world.

Since the Charlestown Navy Yard was decommissioned in 1974, the Commandant’s House has been preserved by the National Park Service as part of Boston National Historical Park. Today the house is used in keeping with its historic role as a meeting space.

Commandant’s House | 1 Constellation Wharf, Charlestown, MA 02129
Reception: 200
Seated: 70

No comments